- Education Funding
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional And Technical Course
Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities)
The Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses is offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA), Government of India for minority community students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level. The main aim of the scholarship is to provide suitable financial assistance to meritorious and underprivileged students belonging to minority communities so as to enable them to pursue technical and professional courses.Benefits:
- Course fee (for Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 20,000 per annum or actual, whichever is less
- Maintenance allowance for Hostellers: INR 1,000 per month for 10 months in an academic year
- Maintenance allowance for Day Scholars: INR 500 per month for 10 months in an academic year
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Important dates
- Scholarship announcement date: 2nd week of July/3rd week of July
- Scholarship closing date: 3rd week of October/Last week of October
- Last date for defective verification: 2nd week of November/3rd week of November
- Last date for institute verification: 2nd week of November/3rd week of November
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must belong to the Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis/Zoroastrians).
- Candidates must be pursuing a technical or professional course at undergraduate or postgraduate level from a recognised institution.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- Candidates must belong to the family where the annual income is not more than INR 2.50 Lakhs from all the sources.
- Candidates must get admission on the basis of the competitive entrance examination or must have scored at least 50% in class 12 or graduation (in case of direct admission).
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.Documents Required:
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be based on their academic merit and financial means.Note:
- 30% scholarships are earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT that can be transferred to male students in case of non-availability of female students.
- The full course fee will be reimbursed for 85 listed candidates.
- The continuance of award is subject to candidate's securing 50% marks in previous year's examination.
- The award shall discontinue if the student fails to secure 50% marks in the previous examination.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students of a family.
- Having regular attendance is required.
See here eligible programmes and list of institutions eligible for full fee waiver
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Contact Details
For latest updates see notifications