- Education Funding
- Nbhm Scholarships For Post Graduate Studies In Mathematics
NBHM Scholarships for Post Graduate Studies in Mathematics
NBHM Scholarships for Post Graduate Studies in Mathematics is offered by The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy for students who have completed their B.A. / B.Sc. degree in mathematics and willing to pursue Post Graduate Studies in Mathematics.Benefits:
The selected candidates will get an amount of Rs. 6,000 per month for the duration of their course (max. 24 months).
NBHM Scholarships Important Dates
- Online application portal scheduled to open: November
- Deadline for applications: December
- Admit Cards to be ready for download from the portal: December
- Written Test to be held: January
- Interview Shortlists published on the web page and test scores uploaded to the portal: February
- Interviews to be held (exact dates to be decided later): March
- Final selection results for the Scholarships to be announced: April
- For exact dates and deadline see www.educationnews.shiksha
NBHM Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have completed or will complete their B.A. / B.Sc. degree in mathematics by the end of July scoring a minimum of 60% marks or more (or equivalent).
Candidates who have completed or will complete their B.A.(Hons.) / B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics by the end of July scoring a minimum of 50% marks or more (or equivalent).
Candidates who have completed or will complete their three or four years of a recognized five-year integrated masters programme in mathematics by the end of July scoring a minimum of 60% marks or more (or equivalent).
Candidates who have completed or will complete their one year of a recognized two-year M.A. / M.Sc. degree program in Mathematics by the end of July scoring a minimum of 60% or more (or equivalent).Note:
Undergraduate marks should be 60% or more. For honours graduation degree, minimum marks should be 50% or more.
NBHM Scholarships Application Process
- Step1: Go to official website https://www.imsc.res.in/~nbhm/.
- Step 2: Click on "New Registration" to register.
- Step 3: Read the instructions carefully and click "Proceed".
- Step 4: Fill all the details and click "Submit".
- Step 5: Click here and log in with the registered ID and password.
- Step 6: Pay INR 300 registration fee online and provide all necessary documents.
- Step 7: Submit.
NBHM Scholarships Selection Process
The selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test and the interview.
The written test will be 150 mins long involving multiple-choice questions related to areas of analysis, algebra and mathematics.Note:
- The scholarship will be disbursed through the student’s institution
- Candidates must make their own arrangements for travel and stay for the written exam.
- Students enrolled in recognised five-year integrated courses will get the scholarships in their 4th and 5th year.
- Students who have completed their first year of M.A./M.Sc. will get the scholarship for 12 months of their final year.
NBHM Scholarships Exam Centers
The written test will be held in five zones:
- Zone 1: Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar.
- Zone 2: Indore, Jabalpur, Prayagraj, Raipur.
- Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
- Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong.
- Zone 5: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad.
The students shortlisted in the written test will appear for the interview. The interview will take place at one location in each zone and will be announced later.
NBHM Scholarships Contact DetailsZone 1
Department of Mathematics
Hans Raj Gupta Hall
Chandigarh - 160 014.Zone 2
Harish-Chandra Research Institute
Jhusi Prayagraj - 211 019.Zone 3
Department of Mathematics
Indian Institute for Science Education and Research
Homi Bhabha Road,
Pashan Pune - 411 008Zone 4
School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences
Indian Association for Cultivation of Science
2A & 2B Raja S C Mullick Road
Kolkata - 700 032.Zone 5
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences CIT Campus,
Taramani Chennai - 600 113.