- Education Funding
- Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar is offered by the Sahitya Akademi to the best author for his/her outstanding book or
first book which is highly promising. The Yuva Puraskar was initiated in
2011 and a total of 151 awards have been distributed among winners
since then. It accepts entries from publishers and young Indian authors in all the 24 languages recognised by the Akademi. This award encourages young writers to write in Indian languages and thus make significant contribution to the language and literature to which it belongs.
The winner of Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar receive a cash prize of INR 50,000, a plaque and a citation.
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- Candidates who wish to submit their entries must be 35 years of age or below on the year of applying.
- The book submitted as the entry may be the author's first book or his/her best book written in one of the 24 languages recognised by the Akademi.
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar Application Process
- Step 1: Download the application form, go to official website https://sahitya-akademi.gov.in/
- Step 2: Fill the application form.
- Step 3: Attach the required document.
- Step 4: Now, submit the completed application form along with the document and book for entry to the address mentioned below:
35, Ferozeshah Road
New Delhi – 110 001"
An attested copy of the date of birth certificate
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar Selection Process
- A Jury Panel of three members will recommend books for the award to the Executive Board for formal approval of the winner.
- The books sent for entry must be highly promising or have made outstanding contribution to the language and literature to which it belongs.
- The entered book must not be a work of translation.
- The book must not be an abridgment.
- The entry must not be a treatise or research work prepared for a university degree or any examination.
- The author must not have won an award from the Akademi.
- Any member of the Executive Board of the Akademi is not eligible to send their entry.
- Any section of an integrated work is completed by itself as a book can be considered for the award.
- A posthumous publication is not eligible.
- If it comes to the satisfactory knowledge of the Executive Board that canvassing has been done by the author, his/her book will be disqualified.
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar Contact Details
Sahitya Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan
35, Ferozeshah Road